Magic is great, and it is only better when played with friends! Prepare for an incredible weekend of Team Magic. New offerings for this weekend of Magic bring many more events to the Side Event Schedule, including: Team Trios, Sealed, 2 Headed Giant, Standard, Commander, Legacy, Vintage, Modern, Frontier and more. For value seekers, experience The MegaBadge! which will make the weekend great for players looking to max out their event time and get the most events for their dollar.
Grand Prix Cleveland is going to be an incredible Magic experience! Besides the always grand Grand Prix, there is a great roster of events running all weekend long - starting at Noon on Friday and continuing all the way through to Sunday. We have something for everyone, from quick, casual events to a to-be-announced MAJOR event on Sunday.
Have you checked out the Prize Wall?! Customize Your Prize at the prize area with everything from boosters to uncut sheets, Grand Prix t-shirts to Foil Sets, jumbo Magic Cards to a great selection of single cards - the Prize Wall lets you pick your prize!
Visit the Magic artists coming to GP Cleveland - fan favorites from the beginning of Magic to the hottest artists from the newest sets! Check out the artists, get your cards ready to be signed or altered, mats customized and so much more. The artists also come with great items like prints and tokens available for sale - enjoy!
Register early as there are specials and incentives to do so. Check out our VIP offerings for exclusive GP goodies! We look forward to a weekend of Magic fun for everyone at GP Cleveland - and we hope you will join us!
WHAT IS A GRAND PRIX?
Grand Prix tournaments are worldwide open events that allow all Magic: the Gathering players to participate and experience the thrill of a large-scale competition. Cash prizes, a high Planeswalker Points multiplier, and exclusive foil promo cards for participants make up the main event.
Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland
Exhibit Hall C
300 Lakeside Ave E, Cleveland, OH 44113
Directions & Parking - Click Here
There are hotels and restaurants a few minutes from the convention center. The easiest option is the concessions in the Convention Center Hall. They have put together a great menu with some great deals for our group. Hot and cold options will be available most of the day.
There are many restrooms in the Event Hall. In addition, there are many additional restrooms in the hallways just outside the Event Hall.
There are several ATMs in the Convention Center. There are also ATMs in the hotels across the street.
REGISTRATION AND HALL HOURS
Friday: 12:00 NOON - 11:00PM
Saturday: 8:00AM - 11:00PM (Main Event Begins at 9:00AM)
Sunday: 8:00AM - 11:00PM (Main Event Begins at 9:00AM)
*Hall hours may vary on event ending times.
Registration is available online by clicking here.
On-site Registration for the Grand Prix Main Event registration will be available Friday 12 Noon until 9 PM.
THERE WILL BE NO SATURDAY REGISTRATION.
GRAND PRIX FORMAT: Team Limited
Start Time for the Grand Prix - 9 AM on Saturday. If you have qualified for Day 2 of the Grand Prix, the event will resume at 9 AM on Sunday.
Registration Waiver - All players must complete a Consent & Release Waiver to play in this event. Fill yours out before the event and save time. Minors must have a parent or guardian fill this form out prior to the event. Click here to download the waiver.
Grand Prix Main Event Registration Options
Experience the Grand Prix weekend your way by choosing from one of several registration options below.
Registration is done by TEAM. One registration to be filled out by team. If there are changes, please use the Changes Form by clicking here.
Please remember the following important dates.
- MAIN EVENT REGISTRATION ONLINE DISCOUNT RATE UNTIL - 6/22/17 (Early Bird until 5/12/17 - The Early Bird gets the playmat!)
- Late Registration is in effect in person and online from 12:01 AM - 9:00 PM Eastern Time on 6/23/17
MAIN EVENT REGISTRATION*
**EARLY BIRD SPECIAL - REGISTER BY 5/12/17 AND EACH PLAYER ON YOUR TEAM WILL RECEIVE A GRAND PRIX CLEVELAND PLAYMAT! (Each Team will receive one set of the playmats - there are 3 different images!)
Register by 6/22/17
$75 ($225 for the Team) - online by clicking here (This price is per player - however, you must register as a Team for this event)
Late Registration (anytime on 6/23/17)
$85 ($255 for the Team)- - Online from 12:01 AM until 9 PM, or on-site from 12 Noon until 9 PM (This price is per player - you must register as a Team for this event)
MAIN EVENT REGISTRATION INCLUDES
Each Team will receive:
- 3 Player Main Event Entry
- 3 Exclusive Grand Prix Foil Progenitus
- 3 Scorepads & Pens
- 3 GRAND PRIX Wristbands (Player A, Player B and Player C)
- 1 Storage Box and 3 Deck Boxes
- 3 FREE entries into the Promotional MiniMaster Event* (Must be present on Friday at 11 a.m. to redeem)
- FREE Team Entry into the Team Unified Modern event on Sunday (must be present at 5 p.m.)
Enhance your Grand Prix Weekend Experience by adding a VIP Upgrade - only 100 VIP Upgrades available!
*VIP Upgrade for individuals only
*You may upgrade THE MAIN EVENT or THE MEGABADGE
This is an upgrade and does not include actual registration for the Grand Prix or The MegaBadge. This is an add-on.
With the VIP Upgrade you receive (in addition to your other purchases)
- Exclusive Grand Prix Messenger Bag
- Exclusive Grand Prix VIP Playmat & The regular GP Playmat
- Exclusive Grand Prix Personalized VIP Lanyard and Badge
- Grand Prix Foil
- Pastimes Score Pad & Pen
- Deck Box
- Pastimes Water Bottle & access to water stations
- Access to the exclusive VIP Lounge and the VIP Concierge
- Phone and Electronics power stations (leave your items with the concierge between rounds for full charge!)
- Two Side Event Coupons - Each good for $20 towards any Scheduled or On Demand Event
- Exclusive VIP Event each day (Participation Prize for each event includes minimum of 30 Prize Tix AND the Grand Prix Promo Foil )
- Friday - Sealed Deck Event - 4 PM
- Saturday - Sealed Draft - 7 PM
- Sunday - Grand Melee Draft - 2 PM
- These events are held in the VIP Area (if you are not able to make the event, stop by the VIP Concierge to pick up your packs)
- *Please note, the VIP Upgrade does NOT include entry into the Grand Prix but can be added to any of the other options to upgrade your experience. VIP purchase is for an individual, not a team.
What you get:
- FREE entry into 20+ Events (schedule coming soon)
- The Grand Prix Foil
- One set of all 3 Grand Prix Playmats for GP Cleveland
- Exclusive Lanyard and Badge!
- Three 8 Player $20 Scheduled or On Demand Event certificates
- Scorepad & Pen
- A Pastimes Drawstring back pack
*Please note, the MegaBadge does NOT include entry into the Grand Prix. MegaBadge purchase is for an individual, not a team.
Grand Prix Cleveland Swag Bag!
- All 3 Grand Prix Cleveland Playmats!
- Pastimes Water Bottle
- Pastimes Scorepad & Pen
- Pastimes drawstring backpack
- Deckbox and 50ct pack of leeves
- $20 Event Coupon
*Please note, the Swag Bag does NOT include entry into the Grand Prix. The Swag Bag purchase is for an individual, not a team.
Official Grand Prix Playmat*
There will be 3 images for Grand Prix Cleveland Playmats. Exclusive Grand Prix Playmat guaranteed with Early Bird registration, the MegaBadge and VIP Upgrade. The mat will also be available from the Prize Wall! *Limited quantities available
Grand Prix Cleveland playmats feature art by Chris Rahn, Anna Steinbauer and Tyler Jacobson
Cleveland Marriott Downtown at Key Center
(located directly across from Convention Center)
127 Public Square
Cleveland Ohio 44114 USA
Hotel rate of $119 per night (amazing rate!) for single to quad is available until6/1/17 or until sold out.
To book your room click here.
Join us at GP Cleveland and come ready to buy prints, playmats, tokens and more while getting the chance to meet some great artists. For bios and a list of the artists please click here.
We have invited some of the best vendors in the country to be on hand to serve all of your Magic needs. Whether you're finishing a deck, foiling one out, or completing a collection, these fine vendors will be here to help you. To view a complete list of Vendors who will be attending this event, please click here.
Although trading is permitted on-site, the following activities are not permitted, and may result in ejection from the Venue without refund:
- Buying, selling, or soliciting to buy or sell cards to anyone except Authorized Vendors.
- Altering cards in exchange for money or any other types of compensation.
- Taking up excessive space while trading or transporting excessive amounts of trade stock. No suitcases, carts or rollerbags may be used at the Grand Prix.
- Advertising without permission from Pastimes event staff.